A yoga mat can always use a scent refresh.
Especially if you’re like me and it seems like everyone from the kids to the dog are constantly stretching out on your yoga mat. Which is great but definitely means I have to work to keep my mats smelling and looking fresh and clean.
I started making my own mat cleaner during the summer months where I used refreshing lemon and lavender essential oils as my primary scents. But now, with the holidays approaching, I am ready to change up my scents and bring the holidays to my yoga mat!
FA LA LA LA LA!
- distilled water
- white vinegar or witch hazel (about a 1/4 cup)
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- rosemary essential oil
- pine essential oil
- tea tree oil
- place cinnamon stick and sprig of rosemary in spray container
- fill 3/4 of container with distilled water.
- pine essential oil – 5 drops
- rosemary essential oil – 5 drops
- tea tree oil – 2 drops
- fill remainder of container with white vinegar or witch hazel
- shake gently
How to use:
- spray onto mat or directly onto a damp cloth
- gently wipe clean with a warm damp cloth
- allow to air dry
I use this yoga cleaner at least 3 times a week 🙂 It is a great feeling knowing there are no harsh chemicals on my mat, and now I encourage my kids (and my dog!) to use the mats as much as they wish!
Looking for more ideas on how to be an eco-friendly yogi? Check out One Green Planet.